The church of St Mary is in the south centre of the very extensive combined parishes; parts of the fabric date from the 12th century, a north aisle was added in the 13th century and rebuilt (except for part of the west wall) in the 19th century, a south tower was built in 1671, but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1863 and vestries and organ chamber added still later. The stone work of the Norman doorway to the west door has been revealed.
The Church is open from 10am until 4pm every day and, of course, for our services and for community activities. See this map for the location of the church. See more about St Mary's here