Our Churches‎ > ‎

St Mary

The church of St Mary is in the south centre of the very extensive combined parishes; parts of the fabric date from the 12thcentury, a north aisle was added in the 13thcentury and rebuilt (except for part of the west wall) in the 19thcentury, a south tower was built in 1671, but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1863 and vestries and organ chamber added still later. Although the church has been subjected to drastic and, in many respects, unfortunate restoration, it is not without interest; some of the memorials are of particular merit. Download the PDF file attached to this page for a full description of the Church.
The Church is open from 10am until 12.30 on Saturday mornings, when visitors are offered coffee and biscuits and, of course, for our services and for community activities.  See this map for the location  of the church.